Change in costing method for young DB

thinafansthinafans Member Posts: 88
Hello guys,

I have a young database almost 10days old, the problem is we have choosen wrong costing method, Average instead of FIFO. Now I want to change the costing method to FIFO. I saw a lot of forums blocking the code in the table and change the costing method and also experts advice on making the inventory, valuation to zero, block the items and create new item code.

My problem is now I cant create a new Item code. I have also not runned ACIE as on date, there are about 1000 Items which requie this chage. :x

Since the DB is very young and I have around 70000 entries in the ILE table, I thought of a solution to create a new item code, and modify old item codes in the item ledger entry table,Value Entry etc and block this new Item code and then change the costing method of old items to FIFO.

Comments

• bstoyanobstoyano Member Posts: 134
    Hi,

Do I understand you right? Your problem with creating new items to replace the old ones is that you want to use the old item codes? If so, just change the codes to something, say #item_code. In this way you will free the regular item_code. Then you can transfer quantities and values from old items to new ones, i.e. from #item_code to item_code. Remember to create your new items with the correct costing method.

After transferring quantities and values you have to replace the codes of the old items with the new ones in all existing not posted documents - purchase orders, sales orders, journals .... everywhere the old items were entered.

Then you can block the old items. NAV will not let you delete them, because you already have Item Ledger Entries for them.
    This is what I would try to do.

Hope I understood your problem correctly.
    Boris
    Please, do not frighten the ostrich,
    the floor is concrete.