The definition of the field...

FishermanFisherman Member Posts: 456
Very strange behavior here.

I've made an update to a custom table in our database. It now contains a boolean flow field that uses an EXIST() CalcFormula.

Now, whenever I attempt to open the form that uses this table, I get the message
---------------------------
Microsoft Dynamics NAV
The definition of the field Validation Warnings Exist was changed after the object was saved.

Old type: Boolean
New type: Integer

OK   
The weird part is... I haven't even put the checkbox on the form that is intended to display this flow field! I just tried to run the form, and it's throwing this error. Has anyone else seen this?

[Edit]

Thought I should mention - I am able to save and compile this form. This error only occurs at run time.

Answers

• jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    i get that error... sometimes often when i'm building a solution (in my test system). usually it pops for me if i key into a form field, not open a form, but same error.

reopen your DB and try to open the form. that always works for me.

edit:
    how is your exist working if the new type is integer? i thought exists would use boolean?

double check the table to make sure your field is setup properly.
    kind of fell into this...
  • FishermanFisherman Member Posts: 456
    j -

Thanks for the quick reply, but no dice.

I just completely shut down NAV, logged out and back into my Terminal Server Session, and deleted my ZUP file before I reopened NAV. Same result.

This is actually the first time I've seen this error in 4 years of programming in NAV. Kind of bugging me because I'm on a timeline and don't really have time to recreate the form.

I'm thinking about exporting it, deleting it from the database, and then reimporting to see if that does any good.
    OK. Nevermind. That didn't do any good, either.
    One more tidbit if one of the gurus can tell me whether this matters.

The field in my table is called "Validation Warnings Exist" and is a boolean flowfield that points to a field in a child table called "Validation Warnings Count", which is actually also a flow field. That Flow Field (in the child) is an integer value. Validation Warnings Exist is calculated as true where the child record's "Validation Warnings Count" is > 0.

The table itself opens fine, and the flow fields calculate as expected. It's just the form that won't open...
    edited 2009-10-08
    Nevermind, all.

It was actually a problem in my subform. I didn't have my head on straight for a moment.

Thanks!
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Fisherman wrote:
    I didn't my head on straight for a moment.
    Just for a moment eh :-k

Sorry, couldn't resist :mrgreen:
    HEY! I resemble that remark! :mrgreen: