SumIndexFields problem

victorMvictorM Member Posts: 24
Dear all,
I'm using Nav 3.70, a few months a go, I created a function in navision to calculate summary of cost amount (actual) field in value entry table, base on several fields like "Item No.", "Variant code", "Location Code", and "Posting Date".
I used CALCSUMS method to calculate it, in order to make the process go faster, normally the process running about 13 hours, and in 3 months still stable in 13 hours.
but now the calculating process finished more than 24 hours, what happen in the navision database, is there a problem in sql server indexing (SumIndexFields) ???
when I backup and restore the database (using backup SQL) and ran the function again, the process go back to normal (finished in 13 hours), Iam still confuse, is backup and restore can recover the SQL server index ?

thanks for reply

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Some things to check:
    -do you run indexrebuild regularly (at least 1/week and even better 1/day).
    -do you clean the 0-sift-records regularly? (there are tools to do this directly in SQL or you can do this by using File=>Database=>Tables=>Select your table and hit <Optimize>. This removes the 0-sift-records and does also an indexrebuild.

PS: you might also consider to (technically) upgrade to a newer version of NAV (at least 4.0SP3 latest hotfix).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!