Is there any provision 2 dynamically skip Importing fobs

naidu0708naidu0708 Member Posts: 7
Dear All,

In Import worksheet we have provision to skip some importing fobs (-> Skip option). But i want to skip dynamically. Is there any provision to skip base(Cronus fobs') importing fob's.

Thanks!
gbnaidu.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I do not understand what you want. Why you need that? You can have inconsistent data as a result of skipping some objects...

Import worksheet will import only objects, which are visible, thus when you set filter on the table, the objects which are out of the filter will not be imported (are skipped).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • naidu0708naidu0708 Member Posts: 7
    Dear Kine,

I don't want to import (or change) some base objects in my database. So I want to filter that objects, when the objects are importing. how can i do that.

Please suggest me.

Thanks!
    gbnaidu.
    Read again my answer, I already wrote the way...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • naidu0708naidu0708 Member Posts: 7
    Dear Kine,

Import Worksheet Form is Dynamic Form so we don't have the permission to go design.
    how can we filter that table. I am not understood where we will write the code for filter.

please suggest me.

Thanks!
    gbnaidu.
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    to skip objects that u want, u can't write code on that form or table(import worksheet) bcoz u know we can't change in virtual objects so if u want to skip those objects u need to filter them on worksheet form u can't do it dynamically.
  • EugeneEugene Member Posts: 309
    one can write his/her own code for exporting/importing objects by working with the system table "Object" - it has a field named "BLOB Reference" and that is the field one would insert objects into
    Eugene wrote:
    one can write his/her own code for exporting/importing objects by working with the system table "Object" - it has a field named "BLOB Reference" and that is the field one would insert objects into
    But this is not safe way how to do that and I will never recommend that to use on Live DB... [-X
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Maybe obvious, but why can't you make your fobs with the objects you want in them? Then you don't have to skip anything.