Options

how to change Menu names in RTC

PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
edited 2009-10-16 in NAV Three Tier
Hi can anybody tell me how to change the caption property of Menu items. also the listing page items ( buttons ?)

For E.g I want to rename the caption of Job to 'Projects'.

I tried changing the meunsuit in Claissic client for MBS. but it says no permission. though i have a developer license!

Thanks in anticipation
PpP

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    The MBS menu is reserved for Microsoft, you won't be able to modify that one. Use the Partner menu instead.
  • Options
    DenSter wrote:
    The MBS menu is reserved for Microsoft, you won't be able to modify that one. Use the Partner menu instead.

I tried chaning the MBS , Region ,Company, Dept- MBS and Dept-Region. I could compile and save the chagnes done except MBS and Region.
    I renamed the Menu caption Jobs to 'Projects' and compiled and saved. But there is no change in RTC.

What you meant by Partner ?

Thanks
    in anticipation
    PpP
  • Options
    DRBDRB Member Posts: 105
    Hi,
    The menusuite have certain levels (which you can see when designing new Mneusuite) like MBS,Country, partner, add-on 1 to add-on 10 etc.

Did you make the changes in the menusuites above 1000 range, basically Menusuites with ID less than 1000 are for Classic client and above 1000 are for RTC Client.
    -Dhan Raj Bansal
    Linkedin Profile: http://in.linkedin.com/in/dhanrajbansal
  • Options
    DRB wrote:
    Hi,
    The menusuite have certain levels (which you can see when designing new Mneusuite) like MBS,Country, partner, add-on 1 to add-on 10 etc.

Did you make the changes in the menusuites above 1000 range, basically Menusuites with ID less than 1000 are for Classic client and above 1000 are for RTC Client.

Hi,

I didnt make any changes . i just insalled the CD and using Cronus company. All that i want to know how to change the Menu name/Navigation from Jobs to Projects. I am able to change in Classic but not in RTC.
    10 - MBS
    20 - Region
    90 - Company
    1010 - Dept-MBS
    1020 - Dept-Region
    These are the lst in my object desiger under menu suite.
  • Options
    DRBDRB Member Posts: 105
    In Menusuite 1020, open in design mode and do the changes (Change Menu Caption):
    "I renamed the Menu caption Jobs to 'Projects' and compiled and saved. But there is no change in RTC.", for which menusuite you did that?
    -Dhan Raj Bansal
    Linkedin Profile: http://in.linkedin.com/in/dhanrajbansal
  • Options
    DRB wrote:
    In Menusuite 1020, open in design mode and do the changes (Change Menu Caption):
    "I renamed the Menu caption Jobs to 'Projects' and compiled and saved. But there is no change in RTC.", for which menusuite you did that?

I tried 1020 now and its changed in RTC too. How do we change the Buttons in 'Process' and Reports section on RTC page?
    Create Job Sales Invoice, Job Task Lines etc.

Thanks
    PpP
  • Options
    TroelshTroelsh Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 79
    Menusuite is for Navigation Pane modifications. I'm reading your reply as you are looking for how to modify the "Promotode Action Categories" in the ActionPane. For that - please take a look at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd983820.aspx

Troels Bent Hansen
    Senior Program Manager
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV

****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ******