Problem with menusuite design

rakesh-ranjanrakesh-ranjan Member Posts: 7
Hi All,
I am facing the problem with menusuite design for object id 1010 , when i open it in design mode and make any change the error occour i.e
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic
You do not have permission to modify the 'Dept - MBS' MenuSuite.

Contact your system administrator to have your permissions changed.

OK
1. I have allredy super right.

Please suggest

Regards Rakesh Ranjan

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    You need to create a Company menusuite, not a department menusuite, if I remember correctly. It's been a while since I've used the hierarchy of menusuites.

Basically, since each sub-level menusuite inherits from the one above it, you can't make changes to anything that's too high up in the list. Those IDs won't be in anyone's license for modification.
  • rakesh-ranjanrakesh-ranjan Member Posts: 7
    Thanks For reply , you are totaly right. ..
    But in previous version of 2009 before sp1 it was working , i.e i can modify the object . then why not this
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Confirm you are using the correct license. Then look at the details of that license to check your modification permissions for that object.
  • rakesh-ranjanrakesh-ranjan Member Posts: 7
    Ya i already check it with our new licence and also the permission right.
  • JamescuaJamescua Member Posts: 1
    Hi!

Hi

It's my first post and I've the same problem.

If I'm not wrong, the MenuSuite 1010 is the Menu we design for the Role Tailored Client and the sistem generates departments pages based on that.

I think the license allows you design this menu in previous version of 2009 before sp1, but in sp1 we need a diferent license. Could it be?

Thanks!

Regards

Jorge
  • LouisLouis Member Posts: 78
    The Design Level of MenuSuite <1010 - Dept - MBS> is a generic MenuSuite object for the RTC ;
    just like MenuSuite <10 - MBS> for the classic client.

You we're able to modify this MenuSuite 1010 in NAV2009 but it was a temporary feature...

With NAV2009SP1, you must design a partner level MenuSuite.
    You will receive a MenuSuite <1080 : Dept - Partner>

When you design a new MenuSuite, there is an option
    Design for :
    - Classic Client
    - Role Tailored Client
  • Boom-BoxBoom-Box Member Posts: 27
    Hello,

I'm using this old post because I can't find a solution for this problem.

Well, I make a new menusuite (1080 - Dept - Partner) but I always inherit everything. I would really like to, at least, delete all modules (departments) I am not using but I've been unable to do that.
    How can I hide these menus?

I'm using NAV version 6.0 SP1 build 6.00.30929.

Thank you in advance.

Miguel