grouping in report

AmaraaAmaraa Member Posts: 153
Hello all,

I am about to design a new report.
And can I use grouping in reports. What I want to do is grouping the items and the decimal(amount) part would be the sum.
Is it ever possible? #-o

Any ideas appreciated,
Amaraa

Comments

• AmaraaAmaraa Member Posts: 153
    Hi all,

I found out how to sort etc. However, I have one more question.

In G/L Entry I'd liked to group by Document No. and Sort it with Posting Date. But, if I group the sorting goes wrong and if I sort the grouping goes wrong. Is there any other solution for that?

Any ideas appreciated,
    Amaraa
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    you have to use a key with "document no","posting date" fields.
    and report will sort records by posting date in each group seperately.

becoz of that you can only get subgrouping not super grouping so if you want to
    sort according to u then u must have group data first by posting date and then document no.

Vijay Gupta
  • AmaraaAmaraa Member Posts: 153
    vijay_g wrote:
    you have to use a key with "document no","posting date" fields.
    and report will sort records by posting date in each group seperately.

becoz of that you can only get subgrouping not super grouping so if you want to
    sort according to u then u must have group data first by posting date and then document no.

Vijay Gupta

Thanks,

I think it is not logical anyway. in the groupings there can be many transactions in different days. So, my logic is no need to have a date for this :twisted: .
    I will discuss it with the clients. :(
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Well, for when you do need to learn grouping, just look at the properties for the data item in your report. You'll find several that deal with groups and from there you can search the help in the application as well as the forums.