Security Filter

gemini_shootergemini_shooter Member Posts: 149
I am creating security roles for non-stock item purchase users.

These users should only create GL lines to certain expense accounts. Should never be able to post a higher quantity than 1 for each line. Finally, they should only be able to use the "ADMIN" dimension for purchase.

I set the following security filters in the Purchase header & Purchase line table ... but it still allows me to post to other GL accounts with a quantity higher than 1 and I cannot see the ADM dimension anymore...

Can anyone please help me in what am I doing wrong here?

G/L Account Table (15) : No.: 8100..8600

G/L Entry Table (17): No.: 8100..8600
Department Code: ADM

Purchase Header Table (38) : Department Code : ADM

Purchase Line Table (39): Type: G/L Account
No.: 8100..8600
Quantity: 1
Department Code: ADM

Comments

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Hi,

You really need to understand how Security Filters works.

Security filter filters out the data at the time it is read from the table.

Bearing this in mind what would happened if you set Security Filter Quantinty=1 on Purchase Line ? New line Quantity defaults to 0 when you're entering it, so.... think about this example...

Once you understood remember that security filters do not work out of the box, most of the C/AL code does not account for them unfortunately.

Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Security Filters are not the way to go for that...I think training is. No need to write code when a one page word document with directions is all they need. If they continue to mess up that's what managers are for.
  • aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    It sounds like you could use Standard Vendor Purchase Codes. You can set this on each Vendor that you will purchase non-stocks from. You can set the default qty of 1, the G/L account you want to use, as well as any dimensions necessary. After they are assigned to the Vendors, your users can just run the Function to Get Std. Vend. Purchase Codes.
  • Yogi1983Yogi1983 Member Posts: 22
    For another solution, take look at 2-Controlware's Field Security module. With this module you can secure fields and sets of records. Ask your partner about it or use Google.