RESTORE NAVISION BACKUP IN SQL USING SQL MANAGEMENT CONSOLE

anilswamianilswami Member Posts: 21
CAN ANY ONE TELL ME HOW TO RESTORE NAVISION BACKUP IN SQL USING SQL MANAGEMENT CONSOLE?

Comments

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Navision backup (fbk file) can only be restored using NAV client.

Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • anilswamianilswami Member Posts: 21
    how can i restore a fbk file in sql database using sql management console?should i take the backup through sql and then restore?? plz let me know
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    anilswami wrote:
    how can i restore a fbk file in sql database using sql management console?should i take the backup through sql and then restore?? plz let me know
    Do you read the answers? You CANNOT restore FBK through SQL tools. You need to use NAV client. If you want to use SQL tools, you need to create SQL backup (in most cases the file have name .bak) through SQL console and restore this...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • anilswamianilswami Member Posts: 21
    Actually i have a .bak file which was present on a different SQL Server(2008). i now want to restore on my machine i have installed the sql(2008) and now i want to create a new database but i am not able to restore it.can you provide me the steps to do it.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    In Books Online (Start, All programs, SQL Server 2008, Documentation and Tutorials, Books Online) there is an article that explains the whole thing. The article is called "How to: Restore a Database Backup (SQL Server Management Studio)".