Balance Sheet Dimensions

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
edited 2009-10-02 in Navision Financials
Hi,

We have a scenario where we want to implement a fixed dimension value (Cost Centre BAL0) for all balance sheet transactions so that we can view a full trial balance by cost centre using analysis by dimensions. However I'm struggling to see how this can be achieved. I've got as far as doing the following :

1. Set all balance sheet G/L accounts to have default dimension Cost Centre=BAL0 (Same Code)
2. Set all customer and vendor accounts to have default dimension Cost Centre=BAL0 (Same Code)

This covers things like cash receipt journals and purchase payments, and the debtors/creditors control accounts for invoices/credits. But my main problem is that the VAT entries for sales/purchase lines always get posted using the same dimensions as the invoice line itself. This means that the VAT control accounts in the balance sheet would have different cost centres.

Is there a way around this? Should I be looking at Dimension Priorities? Has anybody else implemented this solution?

Any help appreciated,

Jonathan

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I believe you should in fact take a look at Dimension Priorities as you said. Basically this table resolves conflicts as to which dimension should be used when multiple dimensions are possible.

I have not personally used them, but the Finance training material should explain them in more detail if you have access to it.
  • bstoyanobstoyano Member Posts: 134
    Hi,

Since you plan to analyse all & everything, I wonder if you need any dimension at all? What is the sense of adding a 1-value dimension to all entries? You could well do the same analysis without dimension. Correct me if I misunderstand anything.
    Boris
    Please, do not frighten the ostrich,
    the floor is concrete.