ADCS problem

ACAEACAE Member Posts: 52
Hello,

I have a problem with ADCS using encrypted sockets (NAV 5.3 SP1, latest hotfixes). When working with hyperterminal, the screen suddenly 'freezes', and the VT100 plugin shows this error in the event viewer:

"There was a problem replying to internal key 37489757. Thread was being aborted"

Does anyone know this problem, or has a solution ? I asked MBS, but they want a step-by-step plan to reproduce the problem, which is impossible because this happens randomly.

Thx for your help,
Andy

Comments

• KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

I've seen it happen too, I found out that the customer was using some characters in their Item No. that were causing the issue. We had to renumber several items. For us the character that caused the issue for us was a ',' (comma).

I believe that there are several characters that you cannot use in ADCS. But I need to look them up.

I hope this helps you,

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • ACAEACAE Member Posts: 52
    KYDutchie wrote:
    Hi,

I've seen it happen too, I found out that the customer was using some characters in their Item No. that were causing the issue. We had to renumber several items. For us the character that caused the issue for us was a ',' (comma).

I believe that there are several characters that you cannot use in ADCS. But I need to look them up.

I hope this helps you,

Regards,

Willy

Hi Willy,

Thx for the reply, but I have already tested this, and this is not the issue. I can easily enter all kinds of 'special' characters, and some are replaced by other characters, but don't seem to cause a problem.

Andy
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Andy,

I just remembered something. Is your customer updating the firewall/virusscanner from a central server on each workstation? We noticed too that during that update of the workstations, for us McAffee, the Server and or workstation would not respond. McAffee turns off all , I believe it is called 'ICP' communication during an update of the virus dictionary.

Could it be that you are losing connection during that time?

I am just trying to offer ideas here.

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • ACAEACAE Member Posts: 52
    KYDutchie wrote:
    Andy,

I just remembered something. Is your customer updating the firewall/virusscanner from a central server on each workstation? We noticed too that during that update of the workstations, for us McAffee, the Server and or workstation would not respond. McAffee turns off all , I believe it is called 'ICP' communication during an update of the virus dictionary.

Could it be that you are losing connection during that time?

I am just trying to offer ideas here.

Regards,

Willy

Hi Willy,

Thx for the idea, this could be worth looking at. I will check with our HW responsable if this could be the case. We are using Trend Micro, perhaps I can check the logfiles of the virusscanner and compare with the timestamps of the errors.

Andy