Buy Back of Items

BarunBarun Member Posts: 57
Hi All,

My client sells UPS to customers and after certain period our client buy-back those UPS from the customers.
How the above be mapped in NAV 2009 SP1? Can the same be done thru posting a Sales Credit memo?

Please suggest.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Yes you could use Sales Cr Memo or Return Order, if this is a receive and invoice process are two separate steps and are using warehouse management.
    You could also create a PO and have the customer as a vendor as well.

The issue is more costing, at what cost do you want to bring the inventory?
    If it's new cost or same cost as when you purchased it.

The second question is would you bring it back as same item or different item.
    Do you want some link so that you can run some report to see how many times the item is returned. Or is it returned?

Are you going to do some work on the UPS and do you sell them another UPS?
    For that you could look at service Orders.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    We have worked with this issue quite a lot with retail and POS espically for games buy backs as people can change them quite often.

Creating a second item is the best way to do it and marking it as second hand. I am not sure you recyle or resell your returned items but throught nav they were handled as purchases from a single internal vendor.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    jannestig wrote:
    Creating a second item is the best way to do it

I would disagree slightly. If you are able to use Variant Codes you should use them. One item, multiple variants. Something like N for New and U for used. If you haven't used variants at all it will take a little getting used to in terms of understanding how much inventory you have and how the variant impacts things in the system.