Linking subforms in NAV 2009 RTM

LibertyMountainLibertyMountain Member Posts: 94
I realize this may be a topic for the NAV/Navision forum but because this is a problem for us in NAV 2009 classic, and not in any other Classic version, I thought to post here.

Here's the problem:

We have modified our item card so that there is a list view subform on the item card showing all the skus for that item. The subform we've added is F5701 (Stockkeeping Unit List).

On that subform, there is a SKU menu button with the SKU Card (Shift+F5) hot key on it.

for Classic Nav 3.7b, and Classic NAV 2009 pre-release, users could open the item card, put their cursor on a SKU in the Stockkeeping Unit List subform, hit Shift+F5, and NAV would launch the Stockkeeping Unit Card (F5700) without issue.

Now, using Classic NAV RTM version (build 27808), when we do this, we get this error:

"A value in the filter '<stockkeeping unit.description>' in the Location Code field in the Stockkeping Unit table is too long for the field type.

Type: Code 10"

There was no change in object definition. Only a change in the finsql.exe file. So if my finsql.exe is build 27205 (20/AUG/08), everything is fine. But in build 27808 (5/NOV/08), the first released to market version, I've lost this functionality.

Should I not expect hot keys to work this way in subforms? Was it just luck they worked before, and don't now? is this something I need to have my partner resolve with Microsoft?

Thanks for any comments.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It seems like some wrong link - because it looks like field Description is somehow connected to the Location.Code - or you are trying to filter the Location.Code to the SKU description text...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You can also have the shortcuts on the menu button on the Item card that call function in the subform.
    Just like the Line button on sales order.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• LibertyMountainLibertyMountain Member Posts: 94
    thank you ara3n. That is a good suggestion.

What is still odd for me is that two different versions of finsql.exe exhibit two different behaviors against the exact same object on the exact same database. (some of our users refused to take the new finsql.exe because of this problem ... and I don't blame them).

to accomplish your solution, ara3n, do I need to create a function in my subform (F5701) that will return the selected record in the form of a record variable? I'm trying to get the subform values with a statement like [Currform.<subform name>.FORM."Location code"] and NAV doesn't like this syntax. It says it doesn't know what "Location code" is.

thanks for your help.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    yes on subform you need to create a function showskucard

in the function add code similar

FORM.RUNMODAL(SKUCARDid,rec);

Currform.<subform name>.FORM.showskucard
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n