synchronize two databases

RobySpainRobySpain Member Posts: 57
Hi,

I am working in a project and I have a doubt.

I explain the situation:
- One company (A) is working in NAV 4.0 and Navision database, in a city.
- The company A, have a subsidiary (B) in other city, and working with other ERP.
- The company A wants to integrate the information from the subsidiary in its database, working both in NAV.

I have a lot of doubts of the way to do this. My options are:
a) Terminal server and then the subsidiary works directly against the main company.
The problems are the communications. What happen if the power is cut, the internet connetion or any other thing fail in the main company? What about the speed? The subsidiary wants high disponibility and quicky answer from the server. I am not sure of this option.
b) Other Navision database and sinchronize the two databases. Someone test this enviroment? Are there any software to do this?

Please, if you have any other idea I am open to think about them. I am ](*,)

I accept any other option, and if is good better.

Thanks in advance.

Robyn

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    So you need real-time integration between two companies that are both using NAV?

Just put both companies in the same database if possible. Obviously a lot depends on customizations that have been done.
    RobySpain wrote:
    The problems are the communications. What happen if the power is cut, the internet connetion or any other thing fail in the main company? What about the speed? The subsidiary wants high disponibility and quicky answer from the server. I am not sure of this option.

Those are problems anywhere. You should have backup power supplies / generators, backup internet connections if those are concerns. You'll have to test it out for speed where you are, but there are plenty of customers running NAV on terminal services without any problems.