Options

Form Transformation Tool: Promote Actions, change CaptionML

dayscottdayscott Member Posts: 42
edited 2009-10-29 in NAV Three Tier
1. Form 177000 ->
tt96zdkdmmx0zrp4w9on.png
->
5xf4lr1tyogwqizbr2f1.png

captionML is NOT editable if ControlID is filled.

Consequence: I can not change the CaptionML.

This is a problem, when I want to promote a menuItem like the following:
6lr5c5oy6tvmnpo7l46.png

I surely want to rename it before promoting it. ("Customer" -> "Link with Existing Customer") but that seems impossible in the form transformation tool :-k

Comments

• Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I don't try to know how the back end of the transformation tool works, so there might be a reason for this. Have you looked at the code behind it?

I have added / changed some fields in the tool to suit my own purposes without any issues (including making certain fields editable that weren't before). You can always try it out to see what happens. It's an excellent way to learn. If it works, just be sure to fully test it in case there's something weird going on in the background that you don't know about.
  • Options
    i managed it to fill the fields =D> , but:

that didn't solved my problem. I want to CHANGE the captionML. Now i filled it but the transformation tool still uses the native caption ML.

this issue should be familiar to anyone who tried to promote something like customer -> Sell -> Prices ( the caption ml in the promoted area is "prices" which is misleading. the caption ml should be e.g. "Selling Prices")

it's confusing that i find nothing about it on the internet / on mibuso
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Not a solution, but a work-around: Change the CaptionML property on the form, create your page, then change the form back.
  • Options
    this would be a workaround. thank you.

maybe the only (very very ugly) solution for the long run would be the use of code rules ... ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd338843.aspx )
  • Options
    dmytrkdmytrk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 10
    All these captions field not used by transformation tool – it search controls by id only. And then add new properties, etc.
    To fix your issue you could update PageTranslations.txt file (you could update it manually or update page and then export translations (Tools->Translate->Export)).
    Sure, PageTranslations.txt designed for other purposes, but I think it should work in this case too.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.