open different company's

hhhhhhhqathhhhhhhqat Member Posts: 111
can any one advise for How to open multi- company's without change the server name each time , seems like creat one form just select the company name and automatic give screen to login direct .

ex :
1st company ---- server name ( 192.168.1.2 )
2nd company ---- server name ( 192.168.1.3 )

think if we have 20 stores as company , it's diffcult to change it specially for normal user.

thanks

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    :-k
    if you switch the server name, you're switching database, too...
    switching a company within the same database is as simple as pressing ctrl+o: what do you mean with "company"?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • hhhhhhhqathhhhhhhqat Member Posts: 111
    sorry i mean

different Database which equal to different company

tnks
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    you can create different shortcuts for your fin.exe file: each shortcut will run a different database with a different database file.
    I never remember the syntax of the shortcut, try to search web or documentation.

Another thing i suggest you is Codegenius Studio (dowload from mibuso). With this tool you can run different databases with a pair of clicks only. BTW, it's a tiny program but must be installed and configured for each client, so i definitively suggest you the shortcuts option
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    The shortcut is "Path\finsql.exe ServerName=server, database=Database, company=Company"

There are of course other parameters you can use, but those are the main ones.
  • hhhhhhhqathhhhhhhqat Member Posts: 111
    can you give me example

like i have two database with different IP , what's the shortcut , and what's the shortcut format ?

tnks