any one can advise

tnks

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    hhhhhhhqat wrote:
    i try to run Nav 4 under windows 7 , but it seems like to not compatibale

any one can advise

tnks

Windows 7 has the same restrictions as Windows Vista.

So version everything up to version 2.0, then from version 4.0 SP3 (plus some build) to NAV 2009.
  • AndreBAndreB Member Posts: 18
    Windows 7 will not run Nav 4, but you could try running it in XP Mode, one of the new features of Windows 7. Since this is a virtual XP machine (running in a Windows 7 environment) it should work. XP Mode is not a standard feature but a separate download.
    I have not tried it myself but it is worth trying.
    Good luck.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Running windows 64bit ultimate with 2009 ,5.1 and 4sp3 with the latest clients and all are working.
  • hhhhhhhqathhhhhhhqat Member Posts: 111
    i try to download in setup the Virtual PC & XP mode , after finish the installation give me message to check the Hardware assistant for Virtualization.

after that , i found my hardware not support for Virtual mode.

My question , before i was able to run it under vista , why not supported in windows 7 ,that why i heard that no different for new version

tnks
    The install says to check the bios settings did you try there?

Just to mention i am not using the xp mode with no probs across the 3 versions of nav
    i checked BIOS setup

virtulaization technology is disable , i can't change to be enable .

i think it's diffcult to run NAV 4 via my PC
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You need a special type of processor to be able to use the XP mode in Windows 7. You could still use Virtual PC and run an image with XP in there.

Check with your partner for platform updates for your version of NAV on Windows 7. If you work for a partner yourself then check with Microsoft through your tech support. Those updates must be requested in a new service ticket, they are not available for download on partnersource.
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    So the latest download of 4SP3, 5SP1, 2009SP1 will only work correct with some uploads I need to upload? What hotfix number?
    Well i installed 2009 then 5.1 both of which worked. then installed latests 5.1 client build no problems.

I then installed this morning 4.03 as well with no problem, i installed the latest 4.03 build and opened a classic and sql database with 4.3 client with no issues

Check latest builds at

http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/waldo/arc ... 9-sp1.aspx
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    hhhhhhhqat wrote:
    My question , before i was able to run it under vista , why not supported in windows 7 ,that why i heard that no different for new version

If you have run it under Vissta, there will be something other what prevents you from running it on Windows 7. What is exact error?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    How can i use "hotfix number" , this is the first time to deal with tis issue

tnks
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you mean where to find the build no. of your application, find the fin.exe or finsql.exe open the properties of the file in explorer (right click, properties) and find the Build number (version no.) - it will looks like 4.0.3.12345. The last part is build no.

If you mean where to got the Hotfix, you need to write to the support and they will send what you need (e.g. ask them for latest hotfix for 4.0SP3 etc.)
    Do not forget that the 4.0SP3 install CD on partnersource was updated to include Vista hotfixes, if you downloaded the iso before this update, you have base build of the SP3. Newer ISO includes update 6 with some hotfixes which you need to be able to run it under Vista/Win7.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.