Manufacturing question in Navision 4.0

NavTimeNavTime Member Posts: 18
I have a production BOM that has a component with a base unit of measure of LBS. In the item card, there is a conversion factor in the base unit of measure where 1 SHT (sheet) = 500 lbs. My BOM has a base unit of measure for that component of SHT. When we have backward flushing, and the routing link code is filled. When we run the output, for this component, it comes up with the correct consumption in lbs, but comes up with an arbitrary figure in lbs as well, a very high figure which is wrong. I later on realized that the component base unit of measure should be the same as the base unit of measure as the item card. Why does Navision have a base unit of measure in the Production BOM if it comes up with this bogus extra consumption in the item ledger? Do you have have any experience on this? Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    In 4.0 there is a known error when consuming components in another unit of measure then the base unit of measure. It seems like this is the problem, try it in 5.0 and see if you get the same result. There is a fix for this error.