Restrict user from seeing the session table

aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
Hi
I want to provide a user the rights of SUPER, but not the session table.
How is it possible??

Comments

• JedrzejTJedrzejT Member Posts: 267
    Hi
    just create role with all permission without the session table.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I think you can create a role called NOSESSION that denies access to the Session table. The deny should override any roles that give access to the table.

If not you'll have to add all tables (instead of Table 0) and remove the session table from that role.
  • gerdhuebnergerdhuebner Member Posts: 155
    aliennav wrote:
    Hi
    I want to provide a user the rights of SUPER, but not the session table.
    How is it possible??
    There is another problem: Suppose you have succeeded with the corresponding setup of permissions. How can you avoid that this "SUPER"-User will not grant the missing right to himself again? - Obviously he should not have any write permissions to tables like "User Role", Permission, etc., too.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Obviously he should not have any write permissions to tables like "User Role", Permission, etc., too.

Excellent point. You'll want to take away all permissions for insert / modify / delete on these role and permission tables.
  • aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
    Than for your inputs guys!!
  • infonoteinfonote Member Posts: 233
    Programmatically you can use USERID to only allow one particular used to modify data in the session table.
    This will work if you use NAV SQL not NAV Native.
    matttrax wrote:
    Obviously he should not have any write permissions to tables like "User Role", Permission, etc., too.

Excellent point. You'll want to take away all permissions for insert / modify / delete on these role and permission tables.