Options

RTC shuts down after 20 seconds after SP1 installed

creynolds123creynolds123 Member Posts: 3
edited 2010-12-16 in NAV Three Tier
Hello all,
This is going to be a long one....sorry...

I have installed SP1 on what will be our production NAV 2009 servers. Please note everything was running fine before SP1.
Now when I launch the RTC it opens up for 20 seconds then I get:
The server "net.tcp://servername:7046/dynamicsnav/Service" is going to shut down. The client application will close.

The RTC then closes.
On the NAV 2009 server I get the following error in the Application Event Log:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: MicrosoftDynamicsNAVServer
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 9/22/2009
Time: 3:59:52 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NAV Server Name
Description:
Service:
User: userid
Type: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
Class: 14
LineNumber: 1
Number: 229
Server: USINPNDB
State: 5
Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider
ErrorCode: -2146232060
Message: The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'Object Tracking', database 'database name', schema 'dbo'.
StackTrace:
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavDatabaseChangeListener.TryExecuteReader()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavDatabaseChangeListener.CollectTrackingObjects()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavDatabaseChangeListener.TimerHandler(Object param)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Per another POST from EWIN on this forum I have tried everything in the blog located at:
http://blogs.msdn.com/nav_developer/arc ... -2009.aspx

I did find that the security for the $ndo$navlistner had been removed during the uninstall.
I have reset the permissions per the BLOG but this did not solve the issue.

One final note: I have a test environment setup almost identically (the only difference is the SQL 2008 in Production is clustered and in test it is not), I installed SP1 in the test environment and it works with no issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
CR

Answers

• Options
    creynolds123creynolds123 Member Posts: 3
    Hello everyone,
    I had to delete the user in SQL and recreate the user and reapply the security per the MSDN SQL scripts and it took care of the issue.

The scripts are located at the link below under the "Enabling the Object Change Listner" section:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd301254.aspx

Hope this helps and thanks ELWIN for pointing me in the right direction !!

Thanks,
    CR
  • Options
    lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    The scripts are located at the link below under the "Enabling the Object Change Listner" section: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd301254.aspx
    This was indeed of use to me after installing NAV 2009 R2 (and of course first uninstalling SP1) getting the same errror. However I did not have to apply the full script. Only step 9:
    ALTER USER [ReplaceWithNAVServerAccount] WITH DEFAULT_SCHEMA = [$ndo$navlistener];
    GRANT SELECT ON [Object Tracking] TO [ReplaceWithNAVServerAccount];
    GO

as my ReplaceWithNAVServerAccount, being NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE, did already exist.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community