Possible to route to any numbr of machines

mdeyoungmdeyoung Member Posts: 2
Hello Everyone, I am working on a Nav 5.0 implementation and have some questions regarding routings that I hope I can get answers for. I have read through the forums and Customer Source docs but have yet to find an answer. I have items that can be routed to multiple lines. Essentially I have 5 machine centers that are basically the same machine but I want to be able to track capacity of each individially. How would I go about setting up a routing to accomplish this? I have been trying to add the Work Center to the routings and changing on the fly at the Planned Prod Order stage but keep running into errors. Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.

Comments

• FecaFeca Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

Create a Work Center. This is Your main machine.
    And next steps You create 5 machine centers, parts of the main machine.
    And next You need to order 5 machine centers to main machine (in machine centers' Work Center No. field).

Thus You can track capacity of each individially, and You can to totalize 5 machine centers in a report under the main machine.

Next step You setup the routing, that assign to the product (item).
    On this card You must to define the five phases of the manufacturing (each phase to match one manufacturing process, and one machine from Your 5 machines).

(You look for the "bicycle" item's routing in the Cronus database, and You will understand. )

Hi, Feca
  • BOBSMARTBOBSMART Member Posts: 4
    We are having the same issue.

The last response will work but it appears you have to include the Machine Center in the Routing rather than the Work Center (Combination of Machines). We will not know in advance which machine center will be used. Is there a way to use the Work Center in the routing and have it load machine centers based on availability?