How to's? Create a new database NAV2009SP1 adress from RTC

hvdhoevenhvdhoeven Member Posts: 99
Can anybody please explain how to create a new database in a DEMO installation of NAV2009SP1?
I have another licence file (not only Cronus demo.flf).

Two specific questions:
1) I get an error when creating a new databse in NAV saying my username/password combi is not correct. But I use Windows logins, so that cannot be the problem (can it?). On my stand alone PC I use a windows account without a password.

2) How can I open another database in the RTC? (suppose I will be able te create one...). I can only see the possibility to open another company or to address another server.

I hope you don't mind my asking these simple questions.
Thanks for your help.

Hans van der Hoeven

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    hvdhoeven wrote:
    Can anybody please explain how to create a new database in a DEMO installation of NAV2009SP1?
    I have another licence file (not only Cronus demo.flf).

Two specific questions:
    1) I get an error when creating a new databse in NAV saying my username/password combi is not correct. But I use Windows logins, so that cannot be the problem (can it?). On my stand alone PC I use a windows account without a password.
    Your windows login must be administrator on the the MS SQL server. Check that your account is sysadmin role member. If you are using Vista or Windows 7 you should try to run the NAV client as administrator (right click on the icon and select "Run as Administrator"). Or it could be only problem with the xp_ndo.dll when you do not have both stored procedures created. Search for xp_ndo for more info.
    2) How can I open another database in the RTC? (suppose I will be able te create one...). I can only see the possibility to open another company or to address another server.
    You need to create another NST (NAV service tier) for the new DB, and than you can connect RTC to this NST (or you need to reconnect exiting NST to this new DB, you cannot use two DBs with one NST). The NST is who drive which DB will be opened. You can use my management tool for that or other tools...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.