PO posting

himalihimali Member Posts: 104
Dear All,

my requirement for Purchase order is slightly different. Senario of my issue is

i want to create the Purchase order but that PO should be posted directly in G/L after posting. what should be the best solution for this kinda transection ?

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Navision does hit gl after posting a PO.

Could you explain what you mean by directly? or indirectly?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • himalihimali Member Posts: 104
    i meant..purchase order should not be posted in G/L accounts after posting. does this possible to conver it into invoice ?
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    let me know why u want to stop the standard Nav procedure ?

if u explain then aybody try to give some solution on this ..........
    himali wrote:
    i meant..purchase order should not be posted in G/L accounts after posting. does this possible to conver it into invoice ?

What do you mean by posting? receipt or invoicing?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

When it comes purchase order u have two options.

1. Receipt
    2. Invoice

When u post the button Receipt only two chart of accounts will effect , that COA are Inventory interim accounts . these accounts will effect when u place a chek mark in the field Expected cost posting in Inventory setup . if u didnot place these accounts will not effect.

When u post the button invoice here 4 accounts will effect

1. Crediotrs account
    2. Purchase account
    3. Inventory account
    4. Direct cost applied acc

And Sub ledgers will effect like Vendor ledger entry, Item ledger entry.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

it means...it can be managed item list only using purchase order menu just posting receipt instead of invoice. Well, I tried to creat purchase order and tried to post using option

1. receive
    2. invioce
    3. receive & invoce

frist i received partial qty. and it effected only item ledger secondly i received and invioced remaining qty. it effected item ledger as well as vendor card. it does nt effect inventory's g/l account.beside this, payment has been automatically applied for this vendor. there is not any payable amount to vendor while i have not paid.

i surprized that the i just posted the invoice and receipt good. how come payment has paid for that invoice.

is there any req. set up?
    himali wrote:

frist i received partial qty. and it effected only item ledger secondly i received and invioced remaining qty. it effected item ledger as well as vendor card. it does nt effect inventory's g/l account.

That means u did not place a checkmark in the Automatic cost posting field in Inventory setup .If u want to update the Inventory accounts when u create the invoice then place a check mark in the Automatic cost posting field.
    himali wrote:
    i surprized that the i just posted the invoice and receipt good. how come payment has paid for that invoice.

is there any req. set up?

The reason for a paid payment depends on how what you have selected on Payment Method code on the PO.
    If a payment Method has specified GL account, then NAV automatically posts the payment.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    himali wrote:
    i want to create the Purchase order but that PO should be posted directly in G/L after posting. what should be the best solution for this kinda transection ?

Which one is it? Do you want postings to affect G/L or not?
    i dont want to post into direct into G/L.
    himali wrote:
    i dont want to post into direct into G/L.

what values that you dont want to post to G/L ?

is vendor amount or Inventory amount ?
    i mean..if i post the PO it should not be affected in G/L level...whatever it is..inventroy accounts or vendor account or expenses account.

i just want to update the items after posting it....process should like..

create PO
    post receipt only
    make journal for this expense
    and pay through payment journal...

the purpose of the following this concept is that the client does not have payable concept. they do transection in cash basis.

hope you understand now

thanks for your affort..
    The solution is simple. Just set all the posting groups to point to the same account. The net affect will be 0 to your G/L. No modification is needed.
    i am sorry i did nt get you ...can you please explain in detail with example so that i can understand ..
    himali wrote:
    i mean..if i post the PO it should not be affected in G/L level...whatever it is..inventroy accounts ..

if you dont post the Values to Inventory account then how can you know about the your inventory value in COA.
    himali wrote:
    i just want to update the items after posting it....process should like..

create PO
    post receipt only
    make journal for this expense
    and pay through payment journal...

the purpose of the following this concept is that the client does not have payable concept. they do transection in cash basis.

if it is the Payment method is CASH then follow the steps as Mr. Rashed Suggested . select the payment method as CASH (G/L account).
    himali wrote:
    i am sorry i did nt get you ...can you please explain in detail with example so that i can understand ..

If you're unfamiliar with how Posting Groups in NAV works, you should get your partner involved and ask them to set it up for you.

Essentially, if all the posting groups point to the same account, the net affect on the G/L will be 0.