How to determine who has modified the settings

illi4illi4 Member Posts: 25
Hi everybody.

I have an internal testing for Nav tomorrow, and one of the questions, which I must answer there, sounds like "How to show user that he has modified some settings?". I really have no clue after investigations in the system and searching over the internet. I can't get how to figure out userid which modified any table last.

Please advice :)

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    This is achieved using the Change Log functionality of NAV: Administration -> IT Administration -> General Setup -> Change Log Setup
    Setting Up Change Log
    A common problem in an administrative computer system is to locate the origin of errors and alterations in data. It could be anything from a wrong customer phone number to a wrong posting to the general ledger. The change log functionality gives you the ability to track all direct modifications a user makes to data in the database.

You must specify for each table and field what you want the system to log, and then you need to activate the change log.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • illi4illi4 Member Posts: 25
    Thank you, it appeared to be easy :)
    This is achieved using the Change Log functionality of NAV: Administration -> IT Administration -> General Setup -> Change Log Setup