Historical Data

MAJB1969MAJB1969 Member Posts: 44
I am an end user and have created a new company and imported all the opening balances. What is the best way to get in hitorical data so the entries are closed?

Thanks

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    MAJB1969 wrote:
    I am an end user and have created a new company and imported all the opening balances. What is the best way to get in hitorical data so the entries are closed?

Did you import the data into Journals and Post ?

If you post that journals for all Opening balances like General ledger accounts, customer Balances , vendor balances , Inventory .

Check these tables :

1. general ledger
    2. customer ledger entry
    3. vendor ledger entry
    4. Item ledger entry
  • MAJB1969MAJB1969 Member Posts: 44
    The opening balances are fine. I need historical transactions that are now closed entries so they will not be included in statements etc or when applying current entries.

Thanks
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    are you looking for the open customer balances / vendor balances reports ?
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Though I discourage the practice but you can still bring in the closed transactions.

The entries has to be vendor/customer wise (assuming you want only ledger entries) where the total for each vendor and customer = 0. Use the historical document number and balance account type as G/L account and Account No : Opening Balance Adj A/c (Create new G/L A/C if you do not have one). The balance of the G/L account should be zero after posting.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in