Regenerative Plan - warning message

Jaideep_GhoshJaideep_Ghosh Member Posts: 50
Hi,
I am running Regenerative Plan in Planning Worksheet. If the date period is selected with the month then no warning is given but if it is extended upto the month end (say 17nth Sep to 30 th Sep) then a warning message is coming as "Exception:The projected available inventory is below Safety Stock Quantity 0 on 30-09-09". The Planning line is suggesting to Manufacture 4 more.
I have not put any safety stock qty in the Item card or in the SKU.
Please someone help me why this is happening.

With regards,
Jaideep Ghosh

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    What is ur reordering policy for this Item ? and pls mention the value if u have any filled in on Item Card as per ur reordering policy.
    Kapil Khanna
  • Jaideep_GhoshJaideep_Ghosh Member Posts: 50
    Hi,
    I have configured the SKU such as Reordering Policy for the "Main Store" = Fixed Reorder Quantity. Replenishment system= TRANSFER. I have put Reorder Point=6 . Order quantity=1 and Order Multiple =1

SKU for the "Factory" [location where the things are actually manufactured] contains Replenishment system= PRODUCTION ORDER. and Reordering Policy = Lot-for-Lot

With this configuration the system is suggesting to Produce 6 units in "Factory" and also suggesting to "Transfer" 6 units to 'Main Store'.

The Problem is along with this 6 units it is also suggesting to produce another 4 units as safety stock, which I have not put anywhere.

Thanks,
    Jaideep Ghosh
  • alecavaalecava Member Posts: 15
    Safety Stock with transfers (or secondary location) has serious problems, I also have wrong actions like yours, I'm still investigating on them.
    There are some hotfixes regarding safety stock problems but none of them solve the errors.
    see mbs knolwdge base:
    The safety stock is not considered in the "Planning Worksheet" dialog box in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0
    and
    Incorrect results are displayed after you run the Calculate Plan function in a Requisition Worksheet in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0

If someone has information pls. post them.
  • alecavaalecava Member Posts: 15
    Lastest test: The safety stock seems not to be a problem. The problem seems to be transfer beetwen SKUs.