Export value of date time datatype field

sri.tech23sri.tech23 Member Posts: 41
I am trying to export the data from a table Requisition Line which has fields : "Starting Date-Time" and "Ending Date-Time". When i use a dataport to export their values, the txt/csv file contains very vague values...like 63,406,627.20 which for a datetime field. how do i go about importing this value into another db. Please help...also in one table the datatype was decimal but in the newer version it is DateTime. Please let me know how to resolve this problem.
Thanks
sri

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    If you want your output formatted differently, use the FORMAT function. Tons of posts and the help from the client is pretty good.

If you need to change the type of the variable between export and import you should be using a global variable as your data item. Personally I prefer text variables. Then you can use EVALUATE on the import side and convert it to whatever you want.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, in older versions, there were no DateTime datatype, and it was done through decimal numbers and formating function in Codeunit 1. Just look at it how to transform the decimal to datetime...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.