Credit memo -reversal - Excise effects

manas123manas123 Member Posts: 33
I want to know the procedure for cancellation of Creditmemo raised using return order.
I have tried using function copy document and preparing purchase invoice but no RG register gets updated and hence need your help.
I should get the effects just like Sale Invoice Cancellation in which Excise duty payable accounts gets reversed exactly.
Just like same i would like to have effects of excise.
i.e. While issuing return order and credit memo Excise duty is debited now I want to reverse these effects since I have to cancell this credit memo.

Thanks,

Manas

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    RG Entries are created when Purchase Receipt is posted. Try marking "Receipt on Invoice" true in Purchase setup.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • mariusswmariussw Member Posts: 52
    An often neglected feature is to make use of the Correction field, which you will have to turn on the Credit Memo or Order header. I.e.create another credit memo, copy document the posted Credit Memo and tick the Correction field. You will have to decide, as indicated by others, if you want to "cancel" the fianancial value of the stock only or if you want physical stock affected as well, depending on the setup options.

It is some time I last used this, but the effect we used it for previously, was to cause a negative debit and possitive credit.

I normally advise using invoices and credit memos, utilising the correct seup, for scenarios where physical stock should not be affected, and using orders/return orders where physical stock is to be affected.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    mariussw wrote:
    An often neglected feature is to make use of the Correction field, which you will have to turn on the Credit Memo or Order header. I.e.create another credit memo, copy document the posted Credit Memo and tick the Correction field. You will have to decide, as indicated by others, if you want to "cancel" the fianancial value of the stock only or if you want physical stock affected as well, depending on the setup options.

It is some time I last used this, but the effect we used it for previously, was to cause a negative debit and possitive credit.

I normally advise using invoices and credit memos, utilising the correct seup, for scenarios where physical stock should not be affected, and using orders/return orders where physical stock is to be affected.

The author of the post is stuck with Indian Localization feature and is clueless due to the complexity involved in it. It has nothing to do with the standard operating procedures like the one suggested by yourself.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • manas123manas123 Member Posts: 33
    Thank you for your help. I got the effects just like receipt.

Manas