order promise issue

kjzdakjzda Member Posts: 4
there are three item : one is FG , two is SFG ,three is RM ;BOM structure is FG<<--SFG<<--RM; the manufacture policy of FG is 'make to order ' , reorder policy is 'order ;SFG and RM is 'make to stock' ,reorder policy is 'lot for lot';the production cycle and purchase cycle only need oned day .SFG and FG have no stock ,RM have enough stock.
now(work date is 2009-09-16) I create a firm planned production order for SFG,its due date is '2009-09-23' ,and i create a sale order for FG ,the 'planning shipment date ' is '2009-09-18' ,when i run 'order promise-->>capabale to promise ', system give me suggestion earliest shipment date is '2009-09- 18' ,and in planning worksheet , system suggestion create a new production order for SFG in '2009-09-17' .
my question : because i have anrranged to produce SFG in '2009-09-23' , so system should consider that firm planned production ordr by manual. and when run order promise ,should suggest earliest shipment date is '2009-09- 23' ,not is '2009-09- 18' .
can anyone tell me how to get that result .or if should i do more setup parameters in system ?

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    kjzda wrote:
    there are three item : one is FG , two is SFG ,three is RM ;BOM structure is FG<<--SFG<<--RM; the manufacture policy of FG is 'make to order ' , reorder policy is 'order ;SFG and RM is 'make to stock' ,reorder policy is 'lot for lot';the production cycle and purchase cycle only need oned day .SFG and FG have no stock ,RM have enough stock.
    now(work date is 2009-09-16) I create a firm planned production order for SFG,its due date is '2009-09-23' ,and i create a sale order for FG ,the 'planning shipment date ' is '2009-09-18' ,when i run 'order promise-->>capabale to promise ', system give me suggestion earliest shipment date is '2009-09- 18' ,and in planning worksheet , system suggestion create a new production order for SFG in '2009-09-17' .
    my question : because i have anrranged to produce SFG in '2009-09-23' , so system should consider that firm planned production ordr by manual. and when run order promise ,should suggest earliest shipment date is '2009-09- 23' ,not is '2009-09- 18' .
    can anyone tell me how to get that result .or if should i do more setup parameters in system ?

Order promising as the name suggests will work for order only. If u have inventory on hand then only it is considered in dates else as per your scenario how system will come to know that ur Production order for SFG is meant for to be consumed in FG. There shud be some established relationship b/w ur production order for SFG and sales order for FG for including in account when calculating the dates.
    Kapil Khanna