C/FRONT In NAV 2009 SP1

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

I've successfully installed NAV 2009 SP1, and everything is working fine other than C/FRONT. The SDK installs ok with no errors, but whenever I try to initialise the C/FRONT library - e.g. by using the sample CFRONT.XLS Excel example, I get the error :

"The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem"

I also get this error if I try to register cfront.ocx. I've tried uninstalling C/FRONT and reinstalling it but it makes no difference. I've used all previous versions of C/FRONT with no problems.

Any ideas?

Jonathan

Answers

• ahollebrandseahollebrandse Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

I've got exactly the same problem. Same errormessage when trying to register.

Any suggestions?

Gr.
    Arjan
  • SDalietosSDalietos Member Posts: 15
    Try to copy the license file into the CFRONT.DLL directory.
    Spiridon C. Dalietos
    Ls Retail - Microsoft Dynamics Nav
    www.Dalietos.com
    I copied the licence file in the c/Front directory, but I still get the same error message.
    On a Vista PC the registration works fine.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to register it under leveraged admin rights, it means e.g. by running command prompt "As Administrator". Do not forget that Vista are using UAC.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    On Vista everything works fine.
    I get the error message in Windows XP. There is nog UAC in XP.
    In Windows XP I am administrator
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    :whistle: It's Friday... :mrgreen: I understand it in oposite...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • SDalietosSDalietos Member Posts: 15
    Try and take a look at Event Viewer. You might get something from there.
    Hint: Clear the log and do the procedure again in order to see if you get any new warnings/errors.

If you get something take a print screen and post it in the threat. If you could also post 2 print screens, one before execution and 1 after.
    Spiridon C. Dalietos
    Ls Retail - Microsoft Dynamics Nav
    www.Dalietos.com
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    If you can't register the cfront.ocx with NAV or with regsrv32.exe it could be, that u need the actual Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
    For info, I tried installing the VC++ 2005 redistributable but this didn't fix it. But I then installed the VC++ 2008 redistributable and this fixed the problems!

Jonathan