Why we use Integer and Page Loop as data item in Report?

kash387kash387 Member Posts: 111
Till today, i have designed and developed too many reports bt I have never used these dataitems, bt when I saw the standard functionality I always think why they use these?
Thanks,

Kashyap

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    for example as loop. Take a look to, for example, report 206.
    The INTEGER Dataitem is, for example, often used to loop through a temp. recordvariable that u fill in a other dataitem first.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • kash387kash387 Member Posts: 111
    So it is not mendatory to use or is it???
    I mean is it useful to take such dataitems during report designing??
    Thanks,

Kashyap
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    yes why not? did you take a look in report 206? And did you see the CopyLoop/PageLoop? And did u understand the reason for this copyloop?

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • kash387kash387 Member Posts: 111
    I have took a look at report 206 and another thing is that for one of my client I have redesigned this report in which I havent used that loop. Thats why I am asking to you, I have said that I am not getting why they are there??
    Thanks,

Kashyap
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    They are there for many reasons:

Printing more copies of same report (CopyLoop)
    Printing headers/footers to each page (PageLoop) - it have impact to the report design, if you place the headers/footers to another dataitem, it will behave differently, mainly if you want to use PlaceOnBottom property etc.
    Printing data from temporary tables
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Take a standard, unmodified, Cronus database. Create a sales order with just one item on it. Make sure that this is just a regular item with no item tracking or anythingt like that. Ship and invoice the whole order. Go to the posted invoice. Turn on the debugger, and hit the Print button. Step through the entire report one step at a time and figure out that way what those dataitems are there for.
  • genericgeneric Member Posts: 511
    Integers table is used in reports because of shortcommings in the reporting tool.
    This trick works out well.