General Posting Setup - "Job Cost Adjmt. Account" redundant?

mariusswmariussw Member Posts: 52
It seems that with the introduction of the "new" Jobs in version 5.x and 6.x the "Job Cost Adjmt. Account" field in the General Posting Setup (as well as "Job Sales Adjmt. Account") became redundant.

I post this for comment and informational purposes. It would be nice if someone else can provide confirmation on it, though.

The only CAL code references I could find is in the code that copy setups between companies and GL Account Where Used functionality. After having spent quite some time and effort to try to find documentation on these fields :~).

Comments

• KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    Seems to be redundant, but if you would just delete them you would not be able to import the new table version during an upgrade unless that field value was copied to another table first and then cleared. The old report 1214 "Post Job WIP Value to G/L" in Version 4 needed them, but that job is now done by Report 1085 calling Codeunit 1000 which uses the new more versatile accounts setup in the job posting group. Version 5 also has a new "Update Job Item Cost" Report 1095 which compares the adjusted cost amounts from the item ledger entries to the job ledger entries and modifies them if neccessary. That functionality was missing in Version 4. But even though that is now possible, you still can't post item charges on receipts which have a job number. That makes no sense to me, since the Report 1095 would transfer that additional cost provided the item cost adjustment was run prior to this report. Does any jobs expert know the reason :?:
    Kai Kowalewski