Child Tables of Item Ledger Entries??

kash387kash387 Member Posts: 111
Can Any one tell me what are the child tables of Item Ledger Entries???

One more thing I want to know is...

There is a form A which contains a data which is not in database and if I want to get that data using form B what should I do?

And How many Text Constants are there in NAV???
Thanks,

Kashyap

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36976

:-k same question, other user :-k
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • kash387kash387 Member Posts: 111
    Thnx For Reply dear,

But what about other two questions....

Actually I was asked these questions during an interview....and I replied with Value Entry but he was still looking for more.
    Thanks,

Kashyap
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The interview is about your knowledge, not about answers you have found on internet. It is to test your own know-how not to test how good you are in searching on forums for answers... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I think you should better give me answer if you know..... or else no need to reply.

And it is always good to have knowledge about the things that you dont know. These are the questions about which I have never thought. But when I faced, I thought I must have knowledge about it.....

Okay.....
    Thanks,

Kashyap
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    kash387 wrote:
    I think you should better give me answer if you know..... or else no need to reply.
    Take it easy, it was just a small jab... :wink:

You need to take it from the other side, when I will interview someone, I will want to know what he knows based on his experiences, not about what he have read somewhere. It is same like answers to exam questions.

Ad second question:
    If there are some data but are not in DB, it could mean two things:
    they are calculated on data from DB
    they are from outside (system, another DB etc.)

if you want to use the same data somewhere else, you need to pass them to the second form. See the How to's for ways how to pass data between objects.

How many text constants is in NAV? Many....
    if you want to count them, you can export Translation file and count the lines with correct code, but... or may be you can export them into text and count correct line from there...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thnks dear....

Actually, I am good at C/AL programming but not good at standard functionality....
    Thanks,

Kashyap
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    kash387 wrote:
    Thnks dear....

Actually, I am good at C/AL programming but not good at standard functionality....

:-k you should also know the standard functionality before you write any source .....
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    kash387 wrote:
    How many Text Constants are there in NAV???

Seriously? You were asked that in an interview. Your interviewer either has no idea what NAV does or was just trying to mess with you to see how you'd react to a weird question.