"Applied Entry To Adjust" always to be true even after ACIE

marcoseavermarcoseaver Member Posts: 7
Version: Nav 5.0 SP1
Costing Method: FIFO
Automatic cost posting: Yes
Automatci cost adjust: Always

Hi All,

I have encounter a problem about ACIE. The basic system settings are listed above, and the symptom is that the system will scan all of the Item Ledger Entries when running ACIE as the "Applied Entry To Adjust" field always be true even after cost adjusted.

After check the code, I've found that in the codeunit 5895, there is a valuable called AppliedEntryToAdjustBuf, which will store all the entries that to be adjusted. During the ACIE process, the "Applied Entry To Adjust" once be set to be FALSE, but at the end of the process, the system will loop AppliedEntryToAdjustBuf to set the "Applied Entry To Adjust" of the Item Ledger Entried in the temp table to be TRUE again.

Also, if the "Applied Entry to Adjust" field to be false, and then create some transactions, run the ACIE, the field can be reset to be false by the system automatically.

I am wondering, why the system has this kind of behavior and what is the purpose of using AppliedEntryToAdjustBuf temp table to reset the "Applied Entry To Adjust" field to be true even after adjustment? Is it related to the "Automatic cost adjust" option?

Thanks in advance!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Finally find the reason: there are many old POs that contain qty. shipped but not invoiced. Then system will then not updated the "Applied Entry to Adjust" field until all the transactions are settled!

Answers

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    If you are using manufacturing and one of the components have not been fully invoiced then the manufactured item is not fully adjusted.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n