Warning message trigger?

cmarscmars Member Posts: 3
I have a request for a warning as soon as they move off the purchase header requesting a purchaser code, the purchaser code is mandatory and they should not be able to move off the purchase header without one.

No warning on the purchaser order lines is required.

I can do this using OnInsert trigger on purchase lines, but they are quite specific as to where they want this to happen. Is this possible?

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Usually code like this is made to execute when the order is released. That way no document ever becomes "official" without the required information.

Is there a specific reason that it has to be done the way you are describing?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I will NEVER go in a way when I make some warnings or something when going from one record to another. It will give you much more problems than it will solve. Search for "mandatory fields" on the forum for more info about that. There are other, NAV ways, how to do that.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • cmarscmars Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your help, you've actually confirmed what I suspected was the case. It is just the users being quite particular about where this should happen. It used to be validated on the actual field and triggerred from OnModify. But, this has already been disabled previously from another request. I will go back and find out if there is a ligitamate reason for this.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    When customer is telling you how to do something, it could only mean that he do not know another way how to do that and he is trying to describe what he want. But it is your job to offer the ways how to solve what customer need. ;-) It is your job as he has own...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.