Manufacturing Implementation

JeewaJeewa Member Posts: 4
Hi Experts,

Is there any specific standard that i can follow up when i do a manufacturing implementation?
I mean somehting similar to RIM toolkit.

Would there be any 'Questionnaires' to start up the Analysis process?
Where should i start up from if the financials is already up and running?

Thanks in advance! Jeewa

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Would there be any 'Questionnaires' to start up the Analysis process?
    NAV specific questions upto some extent (though not quite helpful) are available in Sure Step.

Where you should start from is too wide question, only I thing which I assume is while doing Financials, I think the person would have taken atleast some Idea of what may be required in Mfg atleast financially.
    Kapil Khanna
  • JeewaJeewa Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the quick reply.

1. Do you mean RIM toolkit by surestep?

2. Assuming the financial person has done some setup towards Mfg, Do you think I should prepare my own questionnaire for the analysis phase?

3. And should I do the requirement gathering based on the business process and then tally them with Navision or should I do business process analysis based on Navision.

Please recommend.

Thanks!
    Jeewa wrote:
    And should I do the requirement gathering based on the business process and then tally them with Navision or should I do business process analysis based on Navision.

Please recommend.

Thanks!

After reading this , my honest advice is (do not mind ) catch some senior in your organization assist him or her for atleast 2-3 implementations.
    Kapil Khanna
  • JeewaJeewa Member Posts: 4
    Appreciate the advice.

Assuming i would receive support from seniors, do you think we should prepare our own quetionnaire to get going?

Thanks!
    I appreciate that you took the response positively. =D> =D>

When you will be following seniors of your organization then only you would be able to figure out what , when and why to ask. Pre-Setting the questionnaire works when you know the product and have some idea of Business Process of your customer + some experience on implementation then you notice some potential things to be asked on the first hand.

While discussing process in detail u explore the gaps if there are any. As questions could be different, in fact, are different at every client place. I have never been able to use replica of one client to another even question wise. There are some ones to start with that i would say you can explore into.

Even when i started, i started with this method and moved towards making a never ending list :mrgreen: ,(it is still not complete and won't even get, as per me) which i realized after some time, but i did create. If u want to see them PM me I will be happy to share that with you. But they might confuse you, more than helping you.
    Kapil Khanna
  • hardik_shahhardik_shah Member Posts: 219
    Right Kapil....In my company we was face lots of problem with Manufecturing....Process changed company to company.
    we was fail to implement our first system due to critical manufecturing process.