Options

Creating local Navison database

alextusalextus Member Posts: 3
edited 2004-09-21 in Navision Financials
I use Navision 2.60.
When i try to create local database with size 5GB on WinXP FAT32
i receive error: not enough space on disk? though there is more than 10GB free on that disk.
So i created database file with size 4,15GB.
Earlier i created such a database with size 6GB on WinXp NTFS successfully. Do i really have this error because i use FAT32 as filesystem
and not NTFS?

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I mean - YES...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    AsallaiAsallai Member Posts: 141
    I don't know this is in coherence with the Win older version where the operating system cannot handle more than 2,3 GB per database. This was at the Windows NT with Service pack 6. :roll:
  • Options
    chaswinchaswin Member Posts: 54
    You'll have to have multiple file areas - each area with a max of 2GB. I seem to remember that it was a limitation that existed until version 3. Use File/database/Expand/Advanced to define the multiple areas. If you click on the help in the initial expand database form it gives a good explanation.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314463
    You cannot create a file larger than (2^32)-1 bytes (this is one byte less than 4 GB) on a FAT32 partition.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    alextusalextus Member Posts: 3
    So i did: used expand and created second file => OK.
  • Options
    i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    In real when you are using FAT32 you can place only files up to 4 Gb. It is for all files. You can find this in FAT32 description :)
    Navision can manage 6 Gb files on 2.6 version. The problem is FAT32. Change to NTFS or split files.