Double Quantity of copies when printing out of navision 5.0

boxerkeboxerke Member Posts: 24
Dear all,

We have a Nav 5.0 DB which seems to have a problem printing multiple copies of a report we need. When we select none everything is fine. But once we select 2 copies we will get 4, with 3 copies we get 6. This happens on both XP as on vista machines.

Drivers should be ok, because we never encountered any problems and printing from all other applaication works like a charm.

This behaviour only occurs when trying to print copies from out of navision. When we say print, we also only see 2 documents going to the printer, but still then we get 4. We have tried to print out of different programs where multiple copies aren't a problem to print.

EDIT: Also we have tried changing default printer and trying to do this on multiple and different printers. All printers are HP.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before? Any help is welcome.

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Is it any report from NAV, or is it just this one report? That will at least tell you if it's a problem with a single report or the whole application.
  • boxerkeboxerke Member Posts: 24
    It is any report, but i have to come back on my words and say it is only on vista for now. I did try it on VPC XP where i had the same issue, but seems 2 other XP users don't have the problem.

Also we have seen if we use a normal cronus database we have the same issue. And when we try the cronus db on a navision 5.0 SP1 we didn't had this issue.

So i'm really wondering what could be wrong? Is it navision that is acting his own way and putting for fun some pageloops in it.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    boxerke wrote:
    And when we try the cronus db on a navision 5.0 SP1 we didn't had this issue.
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=24981
    Hey,

thx for the link. I previously already came on that link but I don't directly see what the solution was on that topic.

They say to upgrade to NAV 5.0 SP1, but we seen that we still hae the issue on some vista machines then, by using as testdb the cronus database.
    On some computers using nav 5.0 SP1 should be the ideal fix.

Is there any other proposal that we might use before we start thinking about upgrading?
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    boxerke wrote:
    Is there any other proposal that we might use before we start thinking about upgrading?

go back to XP :-$
    :mrgreen::lol: 8)
    Well thats not an option either :p

BTW i just did a new test to be sure. We tried a SQL Demo database on a navision 5.0 SP1, but as i mentioned it also double printed my copies in navision from a fdb databse from cronus.

I have importerd the fbk from the SQL demo database and tried it on my computer with navision 5.0 SP1. This worked without any problem to print copies. For the same things i wanted to print in the previous nav version as for the cronus DB in nav 5.0 SP1.

Now i'm really out of knowing what exactly is cauing this behaviour. It must seem like the codebehind from the cronus db isn't good for neither nav 5.0 as for 5.0 SP1. Atleast not the fdb i used from the DVD. I really had hoped it was more simple and that there was just one report where there was a pageloop. But as i said i have it on multiple different reports this couldn't be the issue directly. Maybe something all reports might use from the object designer.
  • kostaskourtideskostaskourtides Member Posts: 4
    So, did anyone find the solution to this problem?
    We have Vista with Navision 4.0 SP3
    Kostas Kourtides
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Hotfix is here
    Isssue: Double quantities of copies are printed when you print a Microsoft Dynamics NAV report on a computer that is running Windows Vista
    Link: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase ... YSQTOYKUWP

You will have to log in and downloadhotfix