Dimension mismatch at GLE & LED

wfmunwfmun Member Posts: 19
Dear all,
my customers is using navision 4 sp1 and they encounter this problem whereby the dimension at GLentry table is different with the dimension at Ledger Entry dimension.

for example
GLEntry
Entry No. Dim1(Branch)
20050 101

Ledger Entry Dimension
Table ID Entry Dimcode DimValue
17 20050 Branch 202

This happens at the customer server randomly and we could not reproduce this scenario at our end.
Is there any partners or customers experienced similar problem at NAV?
any ideas is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I have also seen this happen very rarely. Never with any consistency. My thought has always been that somewhere, probably via customization, someone did a := on the dimension instead of a validate.

This validate is what fills in the background dimension tables and this is where NAV looks to determine the real dimensions on the document. So what is on the journal lines or document lines might not match the dimension tables because it wasn't validated.

I never had the time to sit through the debugger and F8 every posting on the chance that it might happen.
  • EugeneEugene Member Posts: 309
    i agree the problem must be with some "customization" done to the original code.

check if codeunits 12 and 408 had been modified ?
    Other places where code inserts lines into "Gen. Journal Line" table can be at fault.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I have saw this problem too...

it is mainly because the source data are mismatched already, it is not about posting, but about creating and modifying the documents before posting. E.g. you update header dimensions but it will wrongly update lines, or sometime, the posting takes dimensions from header, etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    At my current setup, I found a weird mismatch.

We have two global dimensions : GD 1=Location and GD 2=Productgroup.
    We extensively use Analysis By dimensions. When we found a mismatch some time before between our Analysis by DImensions and Sales History, we found that some in many entries, Values of GD 2 are stored in GD 1.
    This was happening randomly, and could not find the reason many number of days (not even now :( ).
    What ultimately we did is we wrote a report which checks dimensions in the ILE, Value entry, GLE, and LED tables with correct dimension values as per the transactions, and wherever it finds a mismatch it corrects.
    We merged it with analysis by dimensions update functions, and the last entry reference for all the tables are stored in a separate table.
    We did this a couple of months back, and its working fine.
    Regards,

Deep
    India