Replacing LCY...

egonregonr Member Posts: 6
Hello,

my client has 5.0SP1 and as you know hopefully estonia will go over to EURO's. Today client has LCY eek and also uses EUR as additional currency.

How hard is to replace LCY to EUR from EEK and how it should be done? What may go wrong ?

thnx in adv.,
Egon

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    For countries going to EUR there is Euro Conversion Toolkit prepared for NAV. But the conversion is more complex, because you need to know when to convert, what to convert, what to do with data comming from previous year etc. The problematic is more complex and in most cases there are discussions and trainings from your local Microsoft office about this.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • egonregonr Member Posts: 6
    Thnx for answer, our company is the market leader in Estonia and Estonian MS is asking questions from us. But as we haven't done it yet with NAV 5.0 and some customers are asking about it then i thought i do a little research about it. We have 1 experience with old NAV and it was very manual job.

Thank you!
    Best is to ask in other countries which already did it, e.g. Slovakia and other countries did it last year. We were doing it for our customers (not personally me), but I know that the Euro Conversion Toolkit have some documentation and Microsoft have documents about this process too, they should ask others in other countries.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Can you give me some information about time that it takes...?
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    i did it on january for slovakia: i was the only developer for it, and it's a really stressing work.
    Fortunately there was an accountant who is one of the best nav user i know, and she helped me a lot with balance check on accounts. the conversion itself have to be carried out on weekend -> when customer is not working. one night processing for the standard euroconvtool should be sufficient (it all depends from DB size).
    Remember that you have to convert new tables and fields you have created, if any.
    As kine said, the problematic is too complex to be discussed here
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
    but how large was the DB and how long it took for you. I am not looking for exact time here guys. I just want to get an idea of it.
    It could be from 20 hours to more than 300 hours, all depends on the way you will select.

Some customers are happy with only creating new company, and transfer of initial entries, cards and settings without history, someone wants whole history on database which have more than 100GB - it will take some time to convert it, and if you do not have fine-tuned the process, you will go through this conversion more times...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    thank you.