Purchase Credit Memo Speed Problem

MallyMally Member Posts: 128
Dear Concern
I m having NAV 4.0 SP3 SQL DB,When I posting Purchase Credit Memo of 200 Lines then it takes approx. 2Hours to post (SQL DB) and all functionalities except this is running fine but I do this process (Same DB) in native DB with same no. of lines then it is running smoothly Post PO Credit memo 1 Minute. Whats the problem? I didnt understand?

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The problem is may be HW, may be SW, may be missing know-how... but who knows, you gave us only 1% of information about the system -> it is slow and it is NAV 4.00SP3... ;-)

Just search the forum for SQL optimization posts, there are plenty answers etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • MallyMally Member Posts: 128
    Dear Expert

Slow functionality is when we post Purchase credit memo and all functionalities r running fine.But when we ran it on Native DB it is running fine.Please tell me that why slow speed problem comes only when we r posting purchase credit memo.Whne I doing any other posting then it is running fine................
    Than you need to use correct tools to check what is the problem, but this is more complex task to just describe it in one post. Search the forum, learn how to do performance checks, how to use client monitor to find out what is the problem, how to use SQL Profiler etc...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • MallyMally Member Posts: 128
    Dear concern
    Whats the exact solution for my problem? I didnt find any thing related to my problem,Bcoz my problem is different from other SQL Performance issues.
    Mally wrote:
    Dear concern
    Whats the exact solution for my problem? I didnt find any thing related to my problem,Bcoz my problem is different from other SQL Performance issues.

No, it isn't different. And there is no exact solution when we do not know what exactly the problem is. You need to do some research on the problem to find out the bottleneck or you need to hire someone who knows how to do that. If you want to do it for free, learn how to use tools I mentioned, after you will know where the problem is, we can help you to solve this problem.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.