Capacity constrained resources & concurent capacity > 1

cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
I have a problem when using a workcenter with capacities more then 1 for example 2. And I want thoose 2 persons to work on one prod.order each. I've setup the work center as a capacity constrained resource. if you have 8 hours a day per person in the work center you have a total of 16 hours that day, but 1 person can only work 8 hours. What I expected when creating 2 production orders the same day was that first prod. order should use 8 hours of person 1's time and the next should use 8 hours of person 2's time and after that when creating more prod.orders it should fill up every day to the constrained limit.
However it doesn't work that way it fills up only 8 hours a day it doesn't look att concurrent capacities.
I'm using 5.0SP1 but the same goes for 2009. I reported this to MS but there is no fix for my issue. Has this happend to any one else or is there some kind of workaround for this problem?

Comments

• ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    noname wrote:
    I have a problem when using a workcenter with capacities more then 1 for example 2. And I want thoose 2 persons to work on one prod.order each. I've setup the work center as a capacity constrained resource. if you have 8 hours a day per person in the work center you have a total of 16 hours that day, but 1 person can only work 8 hours. What I expected when creating 2 production orders the same day was that first prod. order should use 8 hours of person 1's time and the next should use 8 hours of person 2's time and after that when creating more prod.orders it should fill up every day to the constrained limit.
    However it doesn't work that way it fills up only 8 hours a day it doesn't look att concurrent capacities.
    I'm using 5.0SP1 but the same goes for 2009. I reported this to MS but there is no fix for my issue. Has this happend to any one else or is there some kind of workaround for this problem?
    yes, you are right.this is a problem with routing. i needed to change FinitelyLoadCapBack and FinitelyLoadCapForward functions of codeunits "99000774 Calculate Routing Line" and "99000810 Calculate Planning Route Line"..
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    Thanks! I've looked in to this code before and for me the code is heavy to modify. Any kind of help solving this is much appreciated.

If you plan new orders using the planning worksheet it does not seem to use this number. However, there is a Concurrent Capacity field on the Routing Lines and changing this does seem to affect the planning routines.

Paul
  • pantula2000pantula2000 Member Posts: 11
    Hi!

One way to map your requirement is have 1 work center and 2 machine centers for the same. On the routing have 1 default machine center and on production orders you can modify the machine centers to have better visibility of who is working on which production order....through Production Schedule Window as well.

Regards.

Sridhar