License or Roles?

aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
Hi there,

How does that look to you? "you do not have permission to modify records in the Sales shipment Header table"

I'm running with super permissions and my license gives me RimD access to tabledata 110 and RMDX to the table itself.

If it's because of a MODIFY;, wouldn't you expect that to run? #-o

In case I need the I permission in the table 110, does Microsoft charge for that? :?
Navision Developer

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I would also expect that to work.

Have you done the usual checks?

Synchronize security if you're on SQL
    Try with a different license file (if you have one), that way you can eliminate roles
    Restart the client

I know there are a ton of threads on permissions and things you can do to check...probably a search for "You do not have permission" would start you in the right direction.
  • aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
    Hi Mattrax,

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure it's the license rather than the Navision security since i can enter with another license.

I will have to check with Microsoft that the build of the license is well done.
    Navision Developer
  • Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    End user licenses alway have indirect insert and modify permissions.

If you (as an end user) want's to modify the data in table 110 (e. g. Parcel Tracking No.) your modified record will be passed to a codeunit which also have modify permissions to table 110.

An indirect permission is "a half permission".
    The other "half" you got by an object which have also the needed permission.
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It is correct, the table 110 is posted document, and in your license is RimD - it means "indirect INSERT and MODIFY". To be able to do modify, you need to assign permissions to the table 110 on the object which is doing that, but to assign this permission on the object you need to have license which have RIMD permissions. Just look at indirect permissions and how they works...

PS: Timo was quicker this time... :-D
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    aleix1979 wrote:
    Hi there,

How does that look to you? "you do not have permission to modify records in the Sales shipment Header table"

I'm running with super permissions and my license gives me RimD access to tabledata 110 and RMDX to the table itself.

If it's because of a MODIFY;, wouldn't you expect that to run? #-o

In case I need the I permission in the table 110, does Microsoft charge for that? :?

To summarize, no, you won't be able to do this with an end user license.

Sales Shipment Header is considered to be a ledger table so it's a protected table in NAV. Only using developer's license can you modify the ledger values and open your world of hurt.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I'm so used to an end user license with Solution Developer in it. Call me spoiled :D Maybe we can both learn something.

So since you have indirect permission to modify that table, does that mean you can just create a report (assuming you have report designer), assign permissions, and insert / modify from there.

It seems as though all the restrictions do is prevent you from running the table and modifying the data, correct? You just have to write code to do it instead of doing it manually.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    matttrax wrote:
    So since you have indirect permission to modify that table, does that mean you can just create a report (assuming you have report designer), assign permissions, and insert / modify from there.

You won't be able to do this if you're not using a developer's license.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Alex Chow wrote:
    ... and open your world of hurt.

I sooo love that. :mrgreen:
    David Singleton