how to always get 4 digit year date format?

aigarslapinsaigarslapins Member Posts: 3
What I found about date formating is this:
"Navision support 2 digits year format from year 1930 to 2029. If you enter a number from 30 to 99 in the year portion of a date, Navision will interprete it as 19XX. If you enter the number from 00 to 29, Navision will interprete it as 20XX."

My problem is, that there must always be 4 digit date format. One solution is that I can change in Regional Settings 2 digit year period so that it doesn't overlap with used dates, but does anyone know some other solution?

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    why do you need it?

Internall, NAV stored it with 4 digits. To display it, you have to change the regional settings.
    Set it up to the date format yyyy-MM-dd in regional settings. Also take a look to the frame "Calendar" on register Date.

Don't forgett, that these change is for all applications on this computer.

So. a global override in Navision doesn't exist.

If you doesn't wan't to change the reg. settings, you can only change in NAV the Format property of the texbox
    from <Undefined> to <Day,2>.<Month,2>.<Year4>.

But this to do on all forms where a date is defined is a hard job ;-)
    So, maybe you need it only on the most significant forms where a wrong date will be entered ...

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • aigarslapinsaigarslapins Member Posts: 3
    Thank You for the reply!

I need it because one of my clients desperetly insist on seeing 4 digit year.
    I knew about the Regional Settings, so I have on it "dd.MM.yyyy" set but it appears in two digits because of the Calendar which is set to 1930-2029 and all dates are within that period.
    So my question was, is there another solution not involving these Regional Settings, and You answered that there is none. So I will try to shift the Calendar period. Thank You!
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    So my question was, is there another solution not involving these Regional Settings, and You answered that there is none.
    garak wrote:
    If you doesn't wan't to change the reg. settings, you can only change in NAV the Format property of the texbox
    from <Undefined> to <Day,2>.<Month,2>.<Year4>.
    But this to do on all forms where a date is defined is a hard job ;-)
    So, maybe you need it only on the most significant forms where a wrong date will be entered ...