Is the NAV-origin "Form Wizard" form callable?

derrickderrick Member Posts: 86

Buddies, I would like to know if the form at the above is callable from my object?

What I am trying to do is I will be creating a form (let say, named it Form A).
In this Form A, I set the source table to Table A.
When running Form A, by clicking "Select Column" button, the mentioned "Form Wizard" will prompt out for user to select columns of Table A, the selected columns will be presented in the subform after press "OK" button. And, those information will be saving into database later.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, it cannot be called from outside, it is not NAV Business Logic object...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • derrickderrick Member Posts: 86
    Thanks, kine.

Then I would be make one myself, but how can I call up the columns of a table and present them like the "Form Wizard" form. Do you have any recommendation?
    You cannot...

The wizard is used in Design time, you want to do something on Run time...

You can only add all fields from the table to the form, set them hidden and let user to unhide columns he want through standard Show/Hide Column dialog...

Question is - what you want to do? What you want to solve?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    In this Form A, I set the source table to Table A.
    When running Form A, by clicking "Select Column" button, the mentioned "Form Wizard" will prompt out for user to select columns of Table A, the selected columns will be presented in the subform after press "OK" button. And, those information will be saving into database later.

Thanks kine. The above is what I want to do.

The NAV-origin "Wizard Form" is a template form in design time, the data was being called in run-time depends on which table we have selected to bind to. => In the Object Designer -> Form -> New -> put in a table and select "Create a form using a wizard" option -> click "OK" -> then the "Wizard Form" prompt out.

I need the similar thing, just that my source table will be static, pre-set during design time, anyhow I am hoping the columns will be dynamically being called up in run-time. Your proposal works, but I don't want to hard code the columns.

Any suggestions?
    Why you need that? Will be the table, on which the form is based, still same?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thanks kine.

I need that because it is part of the feature of my project.

I would like to grab columns, for instance, if we would to look up tables, we could use "AllObj" hidden table.
    This is the minimum thing I am looking for, in my case, columns instead of tables.

Of course there are workarounds, like one of your suggestion, I appreciated it, just that it would be great if I could finally come out the "Wizard Form" as what I had mentioned, so NAV standard layout can be maintaining.

Appreciate any other ideas.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    derrick wrote:

Appreciate any other ideas.

A good idea would be to concentrate on implementing Navision for the client, and performing tasks that will help them in running their business.

Forget this stupid idea and get back to work.
    David Singleton
    Does any one has other suggestion? Thx in advance.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    derrick wrote:
    Does any one has other suggestion? Thx in advance.
    No other suggestions. What you ask cannot be done. You'll have to accept it.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    Okay, I will be using other workarounds then. Thanks, Luc Van Dyck.