Multiple Server and Multiple Databases

fmhiguefmhigue Member Posts: 290
I hope some one has an idea:
I need to install 2 Attain Servers Version 3.70 on one servers or as an workaround one server and access two databases. Actually I installed one server and I created different icons to get to the databases. I did it like dsi.

For Development Server
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Business Solutions - Development\Client\fin.exe" nettype=tcp,database=J:\database\newdsi.fdb

For Trainig Server
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Business Solutions - Development\Client\fin.exe" nettype=tcp,database=J:\database1\newdsi.fdb

I got the database split in 6 different hard drives on my live server from J to O.
J:\database\newdsi.fdb
K:\database\newdsi1.fdb
L:\database\newdsi2.fdb
M:\database\newdsi3.fdb
N:\database\newdsi4.fdb
O:\database\newdsi5.fdb

So I created 6 drives on my development-training server.

It access developement without problems. But when I try to access Training I get this message:

The database files are not compatible.
The time stamps are not the same. One or more of the files has been used later than the rest of the files. This can be because a backup has been only partially restored. Try to find database file that are all stamped with the same date and time.

I think even and I indicate to use J:\database1\newdsi.fdb when it look for the K it still looking for K:\database\newdsi1.fdb and the same with the rest.

Any ideas how to solve my problem.

Thank you in advance

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The "pointers" to other parts of the DB are part of the first DB file. If you copy it, it will still looks for same files. If you need to change it, after copyiing the files you ned to open database in a way, that you enter all the parts like "database=File1.fdb+File2.fdb+File3.fdb" - this will change the pointers to correct files. Now you have "crossed" databases...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • fmhiguefmhigue Member Posts: 290
    Any ideas how to do it?

How to open the first part of the file and change the pointers?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Did you read what I wrote? Enter the filename as File1+File2+File3 and it will do it for you. But you cannot correct what you already have broken. You need to create new copy of the DB, you cannot correct the timestamps easily.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Read Kine's post again.

Also read this HowTo http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=10 how to install on one machine more then one native server.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • fmhiguefmhigue Member Posts: 290
    Kine's:
    Thank you a lot. I read wrong I just tried and it worked perfectly.