Classic Client - Authorization

yogeshjadhavyogeshjadhav Member Posts: 8
Hello All,

I am working on NAV 5.0. I have installed Classic client on two machines (Two Domain account)

One machine, I want to use for development where I want to access Object Designer.

Whereas second machine I want to use as pure client. (NO Object Designer and development related options).

Can anybody please tell me how to achieve this.

Regards.

Comments

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    ...I am working on NAV 5.0. I have installed Classic client on two machines (Two Domain account)..
    You need to be more clear on this.

You mean two domain accounts or two machines ?

If you want to set permissions per machine (the same domain account has different permissions depending on which workstation user is logged in) then no, this is not possible.

Permissions are always assigned to user/domain account.

Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • yogeshjadhavyogeshjadhav Member Posts: 8
    Hello Slawek,

I am talking about two different machine with two different domain account.

E.g. Machine1 (Domain/User1) and Machine2 (Domain\User2)

In my case I want user1 should be able to change in objects(form, pages etc) whereas User2 should not be able to do development related changes (just like end user)

Regards.
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    In my case I want user1 should be able to change in objects(form, pages etc) whereas User2 should not be able to do development related changes (just like end user)
    User who should be able to design objects should be member of role having permissions to System object, Object ID 0 or Object ID 3510 (View,Design) and Object ID 5210 (Tools, Object Designer).

For example standard SUPER role has permissions to System object, Object ID=0, so any member of SUPER will be able to make changes to the objects.

If you want to have an user account with no rights to design objects you must make sure that the user is not a member of any role having permissions to System object as mentioned above.

To check role permission go to Tools->Security->Role, then select role, and click Role->Permissions.

I hope it is clear.

And just to clarify: You can assign different permission per user, but user/domain account will have the same rights in NAV no matter on which workstation he/she works.
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • yogeshjadhavyogeshjadhav Member Posts: 8
    Hello Slawek,

Now it is clear for me..Thank you for your reply.

Can you please tell me how to make this post as answered?? I didnt find it anywhere in the post.

Please let me know if you know.

Regards,