Import and export data - Navision SQL Server Option

FreakyFreaky Member Posts: 125
Hi Guys,
Am trying to export tables from one database to another using microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Navision SQL Server Option. However, I am getting read-only error on the destination database. The two databases are exactly the same. My aim is to copy data from one to another. Any ideas how we can achieve this.
Please help!!!

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Don't write data directly into SQL! Always go through NAV front end interface.
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Freaky wrote:
    Hi Guys,
    Am trying to export tables from one database to another using microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Navision SQL Server Option. However, I am getting read-only error on the destination database.
    Apart from you should not write directly at SQL level as per very wise Alex advice, it is most probably SQL level security issue.

Check if login or user used to connect to destination database has sufficient rights to this database. Check this as SQL level - as under normal circumstances NAV users are granted only public level access to NAV database, and NAV handles security using application roles permissions and not logged user permissions.

Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03