Put an OCX Datatype in a report

DarkHorseDarkHorse Member Posts: 389
Hi, I've a report (I have not done) that has a variable with OCX as Datatype, but now I want created another but I don't see this function on Datatype down. How I can do it?.
Thanks.

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    if you doesn't see this ocx in the listform that opend when you click on the Subtype coloumn in the form where you define the variables, go first to:

tools\custom controls\control\browse and select there your needed ocx. now nav will register this ocx (if it is possible) and you can use it.
    Don't forget, that this ocx must be exist on every computers who will run this report.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    also a little tip:

if you or your admin doesn't like it to run to every pc to install the ocx / dll you can install this dll/ocx at runtime from NAV.

Here is a simple HowTo for this:

http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=5

Regards
  • DarkHorseDarkHorse Member Posts: 389
    Thanks for reply. I've find the OCX following your instructions and register it; but the OCX option doesn't appear in DataType option, then I can't look for this OCX in Subtype column. How I do it?.
    Thanks in advance.
    did you restart your Navision Client after the registation?
    Yes; but it doesn't appers. Any idea please?.
    Thanks.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It seems that you are using license which doesn't include C/OCX granule. You need this granule to be able to see the OCX/Automation datatype in the list.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thank you for reply; well, I've programing license and I can go to "Custom controls" and register the ocx; I think that if I can do that, it's strange that it doesn't appear in the dropdown. Well, thank you anyway for your time and help.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Custom controls are not limited by the license, you need to register the OCX even if you are not designing something. Also you can work with objects which already have some variable of this type. But you cannot add new variable until you have this granule. If you are partner, your license is allowing you, if you are customer and you have report designer or another designer granule, this granule must be purchased separately...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Ok, I'll see; thanks for your help.