Passing filtered records in Report

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
Hi all,

I have indented the report like this

Job
Job Ledger entry
Job Posting Group
Ledger entry dimension

In this report i am filtering based on job No, Job posting group,and then the resulting records i have to pass as the input to Ledger entry dimension.

because i have to group the resulting records based on Dimension code and Dimension value.

but i am not getting the filtered records in the Ledger entry Dimension. I have tried using the copyfilters and other stuff but still i am not getting the records which is filtered till Job posting group.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
chandru.

Comments

• devu_13devu_13 Member Posts: 101
    Hi
    You just try Take a record variable of Ledger entry dimension then fillter record according your conditions.
    Devendra Kr. Sharma
    IBIZ Consulting Services,India
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Maybe i've not understood your report, but...are you sure that job posting group should be under job ledger entry and not vice-versa?
    anyway, remember that filters for the dataitem are cleared when you enter "OnPredataitem" trigger.
    if you do this in "onprereport"
    "job ledger entry".setfilter(field1,'a');

when you enter the "job ledger entry" dataitem, this filter will be cleared.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    1. you filter your recs and can store this in a separate temp table.
    2. these recs in the temp. table are the filtercriteria of your filter for the Ledger entry dimension.

But to get a better help, u should explain you problem maybe with other words or add a picture or codesnippes of you problem.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
    Hi Garak,

I used the concept of temporary tables and now i can abke to achieve my objective.

Thanks Garak for ur useful tip.

Regards,
    chandru.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    You're welcome
    Do you make it right, it works too!